24 August 2005

I like big butts and I cannot lie ...

Yesterday was a day of mixed blessings. On the good side, I got rid of a load of old stuff to charity shops and second-hand shops, so that's one more job done that I had to do before moving. And I saw my friend Beth, and it's always fab to see her cos she never fails to make me laugh! But on the down side, I'm getting a cold (in August! Unfair!) and, when crouching down to check the answering machine, I split my trousers in an unfortunate place. Mum tried to convince me tat it was because the trousers were fairly old, but this is the second pair I've split recently. There's only one possible cause: first name Hugh, surname Jass.

Of course, I reacted to this revelation with suitable horror, what girl wouldn't? But the ironic thing is, I'm actually quite pleased about it. I'm happy with my figure as it is, as I'm blessed with a slim figure, but to tell you the truth, I'm starting to hanker after some curves. Cut my head off right now and I'll look like a boy. Even if you put me in a dress, I'd look like a boy with a penchant for cross-dressing.

The question is, is this just a personal decision to do with my own sense of femininity, or is an ample posterior the new fashion must-have? It seems to work for J-Lo, and I heard recently that Nike are going to use curvy women in their adverts from now on. Is the reign of the skinny supermodel soon to end?

Well, whether or not this true is pretty irrelevant. Women have curves, it's how we're designed. What's wrong with that? Why do we want to look like boys anyway?!! I say we women should all stick pics of Marilyn Monroe on our walls and say to ourselves 'I love my wobbly bits!'

To finish, I once again quote what is fast becoming my anthem. Baby got back, one more time from the top ...

No comments: