15 June 2008

Baby bits!

Well, part 1 of my stash wars has been completed - I've managed to reduce one-and-a-bit skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton into half a skein by creating these little beauties for a friend who is pregnant.




Aren't they cute? They are the One Hour Baby Booties from 'Stitch n Bitch Nation' by Debbie Stoller and the Umbilical Cord Hat from 'Stitch n Bitch' also by Debbie Stoller. I love Stoller's books, the patterns are all very modern and funky and because they are contributed by lots of different knitters (mostly non-professionals) you get a lot of variety and varying levels of challenge. There aren't many baby patterns in her books but the ones there are tend to be more modern than in other books whilst still being really cute.

I'm really pleased with how these have turned out and I hope they will be appreciated. Luckily enough, the remaining half-skein may be enough to make some more booties for when I have a baby (whenever that is!)

No comments: