19 March 2008

My birthday

Bit of a random post but Shoegal asked me what I got for my birthday - so I'll tell the whole of cyberspace! I got:

Books: 'Stitch'n'Bitch Nation' (knitting geekery), 'Little Women', 'The Book of General Ignorance' (a spin-off from QI, I love random trivia!), a book about Renoir, 'Audrey Hepburn: An Elegant Spirit', 'Geisha of Gion' and 'True Grit' by Charles Portis

DVDs: 'All About Eve' (classic Bette Davis, never seen a film of hers so excited about this!), 'An Affair to Remember' (possibly in the top five romantic films ever) and 'How to Start Your Own Country' by Danny Wallace

CDs: 'Drastic Fantastic' by KT Tunstall (the woman is a legend) and 'Music from 31 Songs', based on the book by Nick Hornby (which I haven't read yet!)

Other stuff: Two Next giftcards (yippee, I'll be well-dressed this spring/summer!), a ring holder shaped like a cat, some posh cherry lip balm, £10 and my Mum's paying for my subscription to 'Let's Knit' magazine

So I've done pretty well I think! Plenty to keep my busy, and it softens the blow of turning 24!!

No comments: