30 September 2007

Getting creative!

Here's a guilty pleasure of mine ... yes, I'm 23, I should be out partying, but I much prefer a bit of knitting and crochet! Here's a couple of my recent creations:




This is a shawl I made for my Mum for her birthday (although I liked it so much she almost didn't get it!) It's a crochet piece, and I got the pattern from 'Stich and Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker' by Debbie Stoller. It took me a couple of months but is probably the most beautiful thing I've made so far, so was definitely worth it.



This is a novelty pincushion, based on the pattern in 'One Skein' by Leigh Radford, but adapted to suit the yarns I have. I made this because I saw some knitted cupcake pincushions in Elle magazine priced at £12.50. I thought that was pretty stupid, since I know for a fact you could make them for under £1 each. This is the first I've made and needs a few adjustments, but I'm planning to make some to sell as quirky Christmas gifts - just need to perfect the pattern!

1 comment:

SHOEGAL said...

That shawl is fantastic! Bet your mum loved it.
xx